Miss Jacobs' Little Learners: Doubles, Doubles, I can add doubles!                                                          

Doubles, Doubles, I can add doubles!

    
It was DOUBLES week in Maths last week! With a little help from Pinterest, I was able to incorporate some fun learning tasks into my lessons to help me teach this topic to my Grade 2's.

First of all we started with a warm up song. **WARNING this song is extremely catchy!**
You can find it here.
There are 2 versions , 1-5 and 6-10.

Next, we created our very own Double Dudes! The template to this cute activity was included in an Addition Strategy pack I purchased from TPT and made by Amy Lemons. :)

The following day, we played a game of "Double Bingo'
During our Share Time, we played a quick game of 'Doubles Stomp' (inspired by a pin I found on Pinterest.)

Doubles Stomp: How to Play:

Spread out numbers 0-24 (even numbers only)
Children sit in a circle. 
Choose two children to play against each other.
Call out a doubles sum - Eg: Double 7, or 7 and 7
Children need to stomp on the correct answer.
First child to do so wins, the other child sits back in the circle.
Too easy!



Labels: ,